Area of indication
AMPIFLUX is indicated for the treatment of infections causedby a wide range of susceptiblebacteria including mixed infections:
- Respiratory tract infection: pneumonia,bronchopneumonia,empyema,acute bronchitis andacute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- ENT infections: tonsillitis,pharyngitis,laryngitis,sinusitis,epiglottitis,otitis media and otitis externa.
- Urinary tract infections: pyelonephritis,urethritis and cystitis.
- Genital infections: salpingtis, salpingo-oophoritis,cervicitis,prostatitis,epididymitisand orchitis.
- GIT infections: choleccystitis,cholangitis and enteritis including bacillary dysentery. Typhoid and paratyphoid fevers.
- Veneral diseases: gonorrhea.
- Bone and Joint infections:septic arthritis,osteomyelitis and bone abscess.
- Skin and soft tissue infections:abscesses,cellulitis,erysipelas,carbuncles,pyoderma, lymphangitis,lymphadenitis,furunculosis,impetigo,infected burns and infected traumatic and post-operative wounds.
- Orodental infections: gingivitis,stomatitis, pyorrhea,periodontal abscess and following tooth extraction and orodental surgery.
Mechanism of Action
AMPIFLUX has a high clinical efficacy in treatment of mixed infection and infections caused by bacterial strains resistant to most penicilins and cephalosporins.
AMPIFLUX is well tolerated.side effects are usually rare and mild and include diarrhea and skin rash.