Cartilgin Capsules (for Osteoarthritis)
Each capsule contains:
Sodium chondroitin sulphate :250mg
D-glucosamine HCL :250mg
Ascorbic acid : 35mg
Cartilgin capsule, through its triple component of chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine hydrochloride, and ascorbic acid, is a new and innovative therapy for many pathological conditions that affect the joints to:
1. Stop the degeneration and improve the regeneration of the cartilage and the joints.
2. Reduce the pain and inflammation associated with these conditions.
3. Restore the articular functions through improving the joint mobility and increase angles of joints flexion.
- Chondroitin sulphate increases the formation of new cartilage matrix by stimulating chondrocytes metabolism and synthesis of collagen and proteoglycans, which are the main components of the cartilage of the joints. It stimulates also the production of highly polymerized hyaluronic acid by the synovial cells improving viscosity and returning synovial fluid level to normal.
- Glucosamine is an amino sugar which is a main part of the glycosaminoglycans that stimulates the production of cartilage components and allows rebuilding of damaged cartilages thus restoring articular function.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) stops the free radicals medicated articular and cartilaginous damages through its antioxidant effect thus preventing more damage to the joint.
1. Treatment of osteoarthritis, either degenerative or traumatic, and any other painful and degenerative joint conditions.
2. As an adjuvant therapy during the treatment of rheumatoid disorders affecting joints to stop their further degeration and promote their healing.
3. Prevention or postponing the occurrence of osteoarthritis occurring commonly in elderly, postmenopausal women and athletes.
Generally, Cartilgin is safe and well tolerated. However, mild forms of gastrointestinal disturbances in the form of nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation may rarely occur.
Contraindications and precautions
1. Cartilgin should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to any of its components.
2. The use of Cartilgin by patients with bleeding disorders or those who are on an anticoagulant therapy should be under strict medical supervision because chondroitin sulphate has an anticoagulant effect that may increase the susceptibility to bleeding.
Pregnancy and Lactation
It is not recommended to use Cartilgin during pregnancy and lactation, as there are no studies performed to measure the safety of glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate during pregnancy and lactation.